So, after writing the post I then created a Google spreadsheet and started documenting all the different projects I had on the go and then kept it up to date as I progressed through the month of November. Once Id finally found every project that I should have been working on the total number was 43. I managed to keep myself restrained in terms of new purchases and I got quite a bit of spare time to work on things and managed to complete 11 different projects during November.
So, the two rules I was trying to adhere to were:
- No miniatures without a storage solution
- Don't finish the month with more work than you started it
Overall I think that using some basic rules and creating a way of tracking my progress has definitely helped me to focus on getting stuff finished before buying more and has definitely been a benefit in showing me what sort of stage I am to with everything.
As of this post being published (December 5th) the current stats are as follows: